Sunday, October 26, 2008

The award ceremony is over...here's the update.....

We had our WTF appointment on the 11th.

My doctor was great about really listening and answering our questions. He thinks that I may have over suppressed during our last cycle. I ended up with just two follicles. It was very disappointing but he is very hopeful that my next cycle will be more productive. So we started our second IVF cycle on Tuesday and I am feeling soooo hopeful. The doctor had completely changed all of my meds to hopefully increase my follicle development.

Is it strange that the injections don't scare me??? None of this seems to bother me....It's so clinical!!! I have a drug schedule and I just follow it. The only time I have any issues is when it doesn't work. The last cycle was devastating!!! We did everything we were supposed to do and I got two follicles. I can handle it if I go through everything and we get loads of follicles...They all fertilize but then I don't get pregnant. What has been worse so far for me is when you do everything you are supposed to do and then my body doesn't respond. What was it all for????

My husband has been wonderful...He had a really hard time after the last cycle. There was no blame as to why it didn't work but I think he got his hopes up just as much as I did. To be let down like that was torture. So having the break in between cycles has been great for us. Now that we have had a chance to regroup I think we are ready for what ever this cycle holds for us.

I'm getting lots of massage...I'm looking into Acupuncture and I'm hoping to include that into this cycle. I'm trying to take very good care of myself. Hopefully it will work this time!!!!

No comments: